KFJC's Art Contest Official Rules
ALERT: Submission deadline extended to July 24th!
You can download a printable PDF here.
- KFJC Anniversary Art Competition is open to all persons 18 years of age and older. People younger than 18 can work on the art and be recognized, however, the art needs to be submitted by an adult. KFJC staff and volunteers are not eligible to enter.
- The winners will be required to sign an agreement releasing all rights to the artwork in return for an honorarium payment. The honorarium constitutes a "buyout" of the original artwork, which then becomes the property of KFJC.
- KFJC reserves the right at any time to award the prize money to another eligible winner in the event the original Winner does not meet eligibility requirements.
2. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- All entries must be submitted with the official entry form.
- Contestants may enter by submitting artwork by 11:59 pm Pacific Time, Friday July 24, 2009 to [See NOTE 3]:
Art / Logo Contest
12345 El Monte Rd
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
- Artwork should fall into at minimum, but is not limited to, one of three categories and specifications:
- Mixed Media/Freeform
- No size or media limitation
- Include at minimum one KFJC logo:
station tagline (Wave of the West), etc.
- Artist T Shirt Design
- Maximum of 7 colors
- Includes the following:
KFJC, 89.7FM, and/or
and reference to 50th anniversary (ex: "since 1959")
- KFJC Logo
- Maximum 3 colors with option to print Black and White
- Include the following: KFJC, 89.7FM and/or kfjc.org
- Optional reference to 50th Anniversary
- How to prepare your entry: All entries must have your full name, address and phone number on the back or on attached card.
- Please include self-addressed packaging and postage for return of the artwork. If desired, sender may pre-insure work. If you insure your work through the U.S. Postal Service, include pre-paid insurance slip with your artwork submission. All artwork thus submitted with return packaging and postage will be returned within 4-6 weeks after the contest ends. KFJC will not be responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
- Artwork must be submitted in a square poster format; the dimensions must be smaller than 13 inches square or in digital format on computer disc at 72DPI and no larger than 900kB (kilobytes). KFJC will accept artwork in color, black & white, mixed media and digital. Work should not be matted. Do not send original artwork.
- All winners will be notified by KFJC and confirmed by email or phone. KFJC is not responsible for any mechanical telephone error, failure or omission, or lost or misdirected mail or faxes, or neglect on the part of the U.S. Postal Service, any other delivery service, or e-mail service disruption.
- All rules and restrictions are subject to final review by KFJC and may be modified or the contest terminated at any time at our discretion. Complete rules for the KFJC Anniversary Art/Logo Contest are available weekdays during regular business hours at the KFJC business office, 12345 El Monte Road, Building 6200, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022. No purchase necessary.
- Void where prohibited. Winners may also be required to sign a release of liability in connection with the contest.
- All decisions of KFJCâ management with regard to the awarding of the prize, the selection of the winners and the interpretation of these rules shall be final. Each contestant, by virtue of entering the contest, agrees to accept the decision of the station as final. KFJC reserves the right to declare no winner if none of the artwork submitted is acceptable.
- The last day for artwork submissions for this contest is Friday, July 24th, 2009 at 11:59pm Pacific Time. The artwork must be received, in hand, at the KFJC studio no later than this date and time. [See NOTE 3]
3. JUDGING & RULES
- Winners will be announced on our website Friday, August 7th, 2009 [See NOTE 3]
- All entrants agree to release the use of their name and city of residence as well as the broadcast transmission of information pertaining to their entry, the visual representation of their entry, or prize-winning conversations, without additional consideration.
- A panel of judges, including guest judge(s) and the management and staff of KFJC, will judge selections. [See Note 2 from May 20 2009 at end of document.]
- KFJC will award the Grand Prize winning artist- $250.00, Second Place- $150, Third Place- $100 honorarium for rights to the artwork to use at the discretion of KFJC, and the winning artists will be required to sign an agreement releasing the original artwork and all rights to the artwork in return for the honorarium. [See Note 1 March 25 2009 at end of document.]
- Upon notification, winners will be responsible for framing of original art work for exhibition. Grand prize winners and honorable mentions may be requested to provide a higher resolution digitally stored image (e.g. 300DPI). Selected artwork should arrive no later than Friday, August 14th, 2009, to be included in the Exhibition.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows: One winner will be chosen from each category. These three selections will be awarded the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes based on judging criteria.
- Honorable Mentions will be notified of their selection and will have the choice to opt out of Exhibition.
- The selected winning pieces and honorable mentions will also be displayed in subsequent exhibits and an exclusive KFJC Art/Logo Exhibit to be held at KALEID Gallery, San Jose as a featured exhibition. Artists reception will be held First Friday September 4, 2009.
- The schedules contained herein are subject to change without notice. If it becomes necessary or advisable for the comfort or well-being of participants, or for any reason whatsoever, to alter the itinerary or arrangements, such alterations may be made by KFJC or its suppliers without penalty or liability.
NOTE 1 March 25 2009:
KFJC will be awarding a single grand prize of $250.00 regardless of submission category, and a single second place of prize of $150.00 regardless of submission category, and a single third place prize of $100.00 regardless of submission category.
NOTE 2 May 20 2009:
KFJC has selected Sunny Buick as the single guest judge for the art contest. More information about
Sunny can be found at www.sunnybuick.com. She designed the KFJC 2002 Girlie Shirt.
NOTE 3 July 8th 2009:
The submission deadline was extended from July 10th to July 24th. The winner
announcement date was changed from July 24th to August 7th.